I suppose we should thank your blatantly ignorant, thoughtless, and down right cruel comments defending those that do something as "stupid" as downloading child pornography. You have given those who may not normally want to talk about this issue a chance to realize how even well-educated people can be totally in denial about the issues of child sexual abuse and child pornography.
Some may listen to this video and think, "well, yea, a site that promotes naked 16 year old girls (who are dressed to look like 30 year old prostitutes) isn't really such a big deal, I guess." Until you put yourself in the shoes of a 16 year old child - perhaps when you were sixteen, realizing how little you knew of the world. Or perhaps in the position of a parent or someone that knows and loves a 16 year old, and get a sense of the rage that would be coursing through your veins if someone wanted to sexually exploit that child. See?
I guess when you look at it as a "60 year old white guy" that doesn't care about children he doesn't know, I can understand your narrow, indifferent perspective.
I myself have never been sexually exploited, but I can only imagine the horror. The violation of trust, being used, and being passed around like a "thing."
A few things I need to get off my chest as my heart beats rapidly with anger and frustration at people like you who have no idea - nor want to have an idea, what it's like to be abused - especially as a child:
- It's not a mistake to purposely download images of sexually exploited 16 year old girls. It's not like he thought the photos were of adults, the site explicitly promoted them as children and he apparently wanted to see that. Bravo on your choice of friends.
- There are millions of children that have been sexually abused and exploited - and we have yet to hear from a single one that didn't feel it negatively impacted their life. Some are not here right now because they committed suicide. Many abuse drugs and alcohol, or go into prostitution (now adults, that you can sexually abuse) because they don't feel like they're worthy of anything more than that.
- Ok, so you're probably going to argue that viewing child pornography isn't a big deal, because you're not doing the abusing. Well, you're supporting it. You are creating the demand - if no one wanted to look at it, people would not be creating it and setting up websites and secret file sharing exchanges so they don't get caught.
- "Some of these guys would never touch a child." Really? How do you know? Statistically, many of those that sexually abuse children do view child pornography. If a man feels comfortable looking at nude images of teenage girls why would he think it's so wrong to not sexually abuse a 16 year old?
- "Prisons are overrun with people who committed sex offenses." Really? That is news to us. Because, most offenders are never reported, let alone charged, -and convicted? Well, that is a very small percentage of offenders.
- And finally "60 year old white guys"... wow, we can only imagine what you have in your personal library of bigoted thoughts
In the end, just like your "good ole buddy" you are part of the "good ole buddy system." Sexually abusing children and child pornography is wrong until someone you like has committed the crime. Then, because you can't face the reality that you know a sex offender, you have to twist things around and minimize the details and their actions - completely ignoring the children involved to make it less of a crime - just something "stupid" they did when they were drinking one night.
The only stupid thing is that you seem to have zero interest in accepting reality. No more need to come up with fictional stories for your books - you seem to be living in one as we speak.