Baltimore City Police arrest a 14-year-old boy on charges that he sexually assaulted an 8-year-old girl.
Soloman Pule was allegedly caught in the act by his mother earlier this week.
The mother told police she was upstairs putting her 2-year-old down for a nap and told her son and 8-year-old niece to clean up the living room. She noticed it was too quiet and went back downstairs to check on them. She found them on the love seat: Pule with his pants down and her niece with her skirt up. A pair of scissors next to them.
The victim says Pule threatened her with the scissors to keep her quiet.
“Solomon told me if I scream to tell you he was going to cut me,” the statement of probable cause reads. “He shoved his thing in me.”
Police say Pule admitted to the crime while being interrogated.
He is charged as an adult.
Keep in Mind...
- For the 1:4 girls and 1:6 boys that are estimated to be sexually abused before their 18th birthday, as much as 40% of abuse is perpetrated by older, stronger, and/or more knowledgeable/mature juveniles. (See more statistics here)
- There are numerous suggested reasons behind juvenile perpetrators of sexual abuse. Read More Here
- Sexual abuse often occurs in a home - even with others present.
- Educating children on sexual abuse prevention is not only important for the safety of children, but also to promote respect, consent and appropriate sexual behaviors. Read More Here on How To Talk To Children
- If you suspect a child may exhibit signs of sexually abusive behavior, do not hesitate to seek support. For more information, visit: www.stopitnow.org