1. I read books that inspired their imagination.
2. I was silly more often than I was serious.
3. I learned things from them.
4. I let them make mistakes when it would help more than hurt.
5. I loved their father and we treated each other with respect.
6. I valued their effort more than their results.
7. I wasn’t afraid to stand up for what I believed.
8. I taught them that happiness is not something to be found, but created.
9. I knew when to listen and not talk.
10. I didn’t just love them, I liked them.